Sunday, April 24, 2022

Cuban Birding

 

We have just returned from our third trip to Cuba, this time staying again on Cayo Coco. Again, I was fortunate enough to bird with Paulino Lopez Delgado.

If you are looking for a guide in the Cayo Coco area Paulino is your man. I can highly recommend him. Here is his email paulino.nature@gmail.com 
or you can contact him here. cell/WhatsApp 53-5 2673207



                                                            Cuban Tody

I also hired a taxi to drop me off in some local nature areas for a couple hours and that works out well too. In total I observed 74 species this trip which is pretty much my average on my last two trips to Cuba and seen and photographed many lifers and endemics over the course of our trips to Cuba.


                                                       Red-legged Thrush

If you are looking for a guide in the Varadero area, we hired Ernesto Reyes Mouino to take us on a day trip birding in the Zapata Swamp area and I can highly recommend him too. Here is his email ernesto2.reyes@nauta.cu


        
                                                                Crested Caracara

No comments:

Post a Comment